Topband: receive loop

jonathan white jonathan.white20 at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 19 13:52:23 PDT 2009

Hi Topbanders.
I have been slowly putting together a 160mtr station,for dx purposes
I have now got a 65` vertical dipole as per EI7BA and the late W4RNL.
Which  suffers from noise on receive.
The question is as I don't have enough space for a K9AY, or flag/pennant.
So I wonder If the group could give me there thoughts on a mag Loop
/preamp,for top band
I have made a 4`square tuned loop with a delta shaped pick up loop for
80mtrs which was a revelation and could hear stateside with it , my
thought was to make one a bit larger for topband,but I would like some
advice.
My Radio is a Flex3000 with a quad core 2.8gig processor.
                                 Regards Jon G8CCL