Topband: 2 wire beverage reflection transformer

w2lk at bk-lk.com w2lk at bk-lk.com
Mon Oct 19 20:46:27 PDT 2009

John,

See:
http://www.elisanet.fi/oh3xr/OH2BEN_Reversible_Beverage_Array-20-10-2007_04d.pdf
for an excellent article on a reversible beverage project.
Also, go to w8ji.com for great detail on beverage antennas.
Search on N1EU for more info on same.

Use the type 73 binocular forms if you have them. The sites above will
tell you why.

You should use a resistor of the impedance value on unused ports.

The reflection transformer hi Z side should match the impedance of the
transmission line (618 ohms in your case) and its center tap goes to the
top side of the lo Z side which should match the antenna impedance (334
ohms in your case). The bottom of the lo Z side goes to ground.

My system is similar to OH2BEN's where the output of T1 and T2 are
switched to a single coax at the transformer in the field. The unused
port has a resistor across it.

Les W2LK