Topband: [nhp at ieee.org: [IRCA] 160m beacon]

Tree tree at kkn.net
Wed Oct 21 11:26:22 PDT 2009

Picked this up off of another reflector (a LW/MW SWL group):

----- Forwarded message from Nick Hall-Patch <nhp at ieee.org> -----

	version=3.2.5
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:06:52 +0000
	<irca at hard-core-dx.com>
From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp at ieee.org>
Subject: [IRCA] 160m beacon

I will run the 160 meter amateur radio beacon this evening, 21 October our time (22 Oct UTC). I plan two segments, one starting before and running past local sunset from 0105UT to 0135UT, and one from 0550 to 0615UT.
This will be on 1998.5 kHz and comprise a repeated CW identifier of my amateur callsign VE7DXR.

We didn't have much success with it last night, but tonight, Martin Hall in Scotland is bearing down on it with a Beverage, so I'm crossing my fingers.

best wishes,
Nick