Topband: K4M, FT5GA, et al

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Thu Oct 22 10:29:48 PDT 2009

AA4XT wrote:

 >  I just want everyone to remember how much fun it is to
work the lone ham wandering the world on a sailboat who is in a tent
on the beach running barefoot to a wire strung up in a palm tree and
who doesn't have pilot stations, DX net 'helpers', and so on.

         Very true.  There's a small list of Topband ops who are my
heroes.  They include DL3DXX, DK7PE, K4UEE, KM9D, WA6CDR and most
recently AA7JV (and probably several others I'm forgetting).  These
folks understand how to operate in QRN and QSB, know how to make
effective TX/RX antennas, and can usually be counted on be QRV at the
right times for all areas of the world.

         Speaking of heroes, everyone here should thank Bill AA4XT
(ex-AA6TT) for starting this list ~15 years ago.  Thanks Bill!

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV