Topband: DXE Receive 4-Square (DXE RFS-TS2P)

Joe Giacobello, K2XX k2xx at swva.net
Thu Oct 22 18:00:18 PDT 2009

Many thanks to Don, Dean, Dave, Bob and Ed for their input.  Generally
speaking, the evaluations were quite positive.  However, after reading
the manual, it looks like that it's important for optimum performance
that the system is erected on a flat area and not on a hillside or in a
hollow.  That topographical requirement is not easy to accommodate at
this QTH, so I've turned down the offer.

However, if anyone is interested in an unused DXE RFS-TS2P for $800 +
shipping (DXE's price is $1,650) from NC, please contact k4za at juno.com.
Sounds like a real bargain to me.

He also has a TT Titan 425 beige (newest vintage) amp for $1,400.  If I
didn't already have two, I'd snap it up for the spare finals + a backup amp.

Thanks to all for their input and help.

73, Joe
K2XX