Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests

Sam Morgan k5oai.sam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 21:02:50 PDT 2009

KL7RA wrote:
> Hi Ed
>
>> I'd like to hear your thoughts on this topic, pro and con.  In particular, I'm
>> thinking about the CQ WPX RTTY and CQ WW RTTY contests.
>
> Having operated RTTY in the WPX and WW and of course CW in all
> the topband contests I vote, "No". In fact I also vote to get rid of SSB
> on topband but that may be pushing my luck.
>
> 160 has a narrow cw band and the two modes don't blend well.

ah come on, be a sport,
don't you realize 'they' are the only ones that have a right to operate?

we should get out of their way and let,
the most inconsiderate operators of any available mode,
totally destroy, yet another band, for yet another whole weekend,

Just like they do, when they completely take over 40m for their ratty tests.
there may as well not be any cw ops on the band,
cause you can't hear anything but wall to wall ratty.
Got a qrp contest, state qso party you want to operate cw in,
tuff stuff om, it ain't gonna happen!

simply as a matter of principal I will never run ratty,
as I don't wish to be associated with such a sorry group of ops!

NOT trying to start a flame war!
just stating the *FACTS*!

If there is a rtty contest on
any hams wishing to run cw need not turn on their rigs,
they will be stomped on and ignored,
all for the "higher good" of the ratty groups!

/me steps down from soapbox and looks for some prozac
--
GB & 73
K5OAI