Topband: Beverage thru the forest

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Oct 27 08:17:08 PDT 2009

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:34:02 -0400, Chet wrote:

>They were at about 7 feet high, there were
>many splices due to trees or limbs coming down in storms, deer crashing into
>them etc.  They all worked well and were not exactly in a straight line.

Same experience here in my dense forest of redwoods, pin oak, and madrone. I
have two, both running about 500 ft down and up through some fairly steep
ravines, and both terminations sort of dive into the side of a hill. Originally
installed high enough to clear the deer, storms and falling debris brings them
closer to the ground every year. Mine are built with window line from DXE, so
they don't break, but they do occasionally come loose from their terminations.

73,

Jim K9YC