Topband: The East Coast Advantage

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 05:48:12 PDT 2009

That is only part of it.  I read somewhere (ON4UN's book?) that signals can
leak from darkness (night) into daylight (sunset) areas.  However, getting
the angle right from the daylight area to ENTER darkness is a problem, as
well as the additional attenuation.  Bottom line being - you can hear stuff
arriving from the dark, but will have a tough time sending signals back.

Maybe someone else has a better explanation / reference for this.

Tom - VE3CX

K1FZ: