Topband: Contesting comments

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 31 08:54:55 PDT 2009

As I have said in the past, I have entered the 160 contests  knowing full well I would not "win". Several times I actually won the Orange Section. Most like because the big guns here didn't enter. Many times I have gotten a "tnx for ORG", which made me feel useful.

My goal in most contests is to work new countries/states, but the primary goal is to beat MY PREVIOUS SCORE, not someone else.

Having worked I lot of 80 mobile to help finish all US Counties, I think a poke in the eye with a sharp stick would be more fun than 160 mobile unless you have a set up like Don, KH6DX

Rick, N6PE