Topband: FO8RZ on top band

alan eshleman oakame at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 11:14:04 PDT 2009

Phil,

If you use ground radials--wires lying on the ground--the length is not so critical.  Best to use as many as you can of ANY length, limited only by the dimensions of your yard.  If you use ELEVATED radials, you will need to tune them to resonance.

My home station uses an inverted L with 16 ground radials, ranging from 10 to 40 meters in length.  It works!

73,

Alan/K6SRZ