Topband: What kind of mast is good for inverted L?

Jack Parker vhfplus at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 18:23:56 PDT 2009

I have used 40 feet of fibreglass cammo support tube. Ten 4-foot tubes on
each end of the inverted-L. Just minimal 1/4-wave radials (3 or 4) and guyed
at 3 levels with Dacron line. It held up nicely through 2 winter seasons
*and* got me WAS and WAC from the black-hole of northern Nevada :>)
It is no longer in service, having been replaced by a tee-wire loaded
65-foot vertical and 40 1/4-wave radials.