Topband: INV-L with traps

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Sep 26 08:40:17 PDT 2009

If you already have a wire inverted L, it's not that
hard to convert to a trapped antenna using either the
Reyco traps or home made coaxial traps.  See the info
from K1ZM many years ago concerning the wire version
of the BC Special:
http://lists.contesting.com/_topband/1998-02/msg00057.html

I'm including an edited version of the AA8U "Ugly-as-L
Dxpedition Antenna" using Reyco (Unadilla) traps since I
can't find the original e-mail in the archives.  Some have
reported problems with trap failure when running high power.
The Reyco traps seem to survive reasonable power levels but
not "big"  amplifiers.

The Reyco/Unadilla available from many amateur shops seem
to be the only off the shelf wire antenna traps covering
all of the HF bands I can find these days.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV