Topband: FT5GA on 160

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at surfvi.com
Wed Sep 30 10:33:45 PDT 2009

N7DF wrote:
> According to their online log they have made 1 QSO on 160 in each of zones 3,4,5,6,7   I wonder who they were
>

> BTW from thie pictures of the operators it doesn't look like the French Foreign Legion has such strict regulations on physical fitness anymore....of course who am I to judge

Remember their log search locations are not necessarily indicative of
the actual locations they worked.  The software apparently does not go
by actual location by rather by generalized assumptions.

 I did hear them work W8LRL (Simplex of all things), W4DR and VE1ZZ but
that would not explain the other zones.  I worked them on 80 and they
have me in Zone 4 although I am in zone 8!

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ