Topband: 73 de VK1AA [ Fishnet ]

bruce whitney zuceman at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 08:39:12 PDT 2010

Bill,
Thank you. This is the most comprehensive information I have seen on this in some time. I have heard these beacons many times throughout the winter months at my QTH in southeatern Michigan. Usually they have been strongest on my Beverage antennas to the NE and E, leading me to beleive they were located off the NE Atlantic Coast. Usually they are just above the noise floor but occasionally I have heard them to be very loud. I once thought that I might have been hearing an intermod product from a nearby airport beacon - or something similar. I am now suspecting that there may be some fishnet beacons being used in the Great Lakes - much closer to my QTH. I will now try to collect some documentation on them as you suggest and forward it on to you. I would be interested in finding out if others have heard them around the Great Lakes area as well.
73, Bruce W8RA