Topband: Preferred Topband transceiver

Martin Mac Gregor macgregor at xplornet.com
Sat Dec 4 09:45:21 PST 2010

Anyone using the IC7800 for top band?
Martin
VE7MM/G4EZG

-----Original Message-----
From: topband-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:topband-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of GERRY
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 2:31 PM
To: topBand List
Subject: Re: Topband: Preferred Topband transceiver

I'd like to understand what makes the K3 "hear" better. What they call
roofing filters are simple 9 mhz Crystal filter know as 1st IF in older
radios. DSP filtering has been around now for years and have certainly
evolved in all radios. Can anyone quote side by side experiences with other
modern radios (like an FT-5000) where the K3 was hearing weak 160 signals
and the other radio was not.

Gerry VE6LB
who may be in the market
someday soon