Topband: SDR/DSP pulls out signals HOW FAR down in the noise?

Greg - ZL3IX zl3ix at inet.net.nz
Mon Dec 20 09:58:19 PST 2010

Hi Mike,

Perhaps not quite what you were after, but I have found that the new DSP
Rx at my remote 160m site works better than any analogue Rx I have had
there.  I am using a modified Mercury PCB from the HPSDR project.  HPSDR
usually needs PowerSDR running on a PC for the back end of the Rx, but I
have modified the FPGA code and put the complete Rx in there (so I don't
need a PC)

The linear phase filter is much better than the analogue Xtal filter I
was using before, in that it recovers from QRN bursts much faster.

73, Greg, ZL3IX