Topband: Phased TX3A Double Half-Delta Loop and Beverage

Ryszard Tymkiewicz rtym at ippt.gov.pl
Wed Jan 27 05:16:54 PST 2010

Hi All,
Beeing inspired by  an article written by Luis IV3PRK  http://www.iv3prk.it/user/image/..-rxant.prk_tx3a.pdf
(Thanks Luis!) I'v decided to build Double Delta Loop used by George on Chesterfield in a broadside
configuration. Because of TX3D Australs DXpedition I'v made 250m Beverage in their direction
and and just a week ago I'v builded also this described Delta system.
I was trying both antennas in my second QTH 45 km from my house (its an orchard) yesterday but
Deltas was not working and on Beverage TX3D was too weak. When I checked I discovered that one
of wire in a delta was broken , so practically today was the first day I was able to compare antennas.
When I started to listening on Deltas in the first minutes I'v thought they are broken again because
there was almost not any noise in a RX...but checking the band I'v found a lot of strong NA stations with
very clean signals . I tested Deltas with the Beverage many times and always a difference was huge.
Even a strenght of stations was about 2S better on the Beverage the difference in the level of noise was
not comparable...it was like day and night.
Using the Beverage I haven't heard even a trace of TX3D....on Deltas I'v heard them about 20 minutes
....but with deep QSB.

                                            73 Rys
                                           SP5EWY