Topband: Beverages

Joshua M. Arritt jarritt at vt.edu
Wed Jul 14 12:22:27 PDT 2010

k3bu at optimum.net wrote:
> I have seen situations when long Bev (1600') on a sloping terrain was worse to Eu than Inv Vee. When shortened to about 600' it was a "killer".
> Then long phased Bev at W8LRL were hearing JAs while short ones were "dead".
> Makes big difference in a contest.

This inspires me to a (perhaps under-educated) pitch for exploration of
a novel antenna:  An Adaptive Elevation Angle MEMS Beverage.

Seriously, I wonder what challenges would be realized in trying to use a
set of mechanical relays to incrementally lengthen or shorten a Beverage
to sweep elevation angle, albeit while distorting F/B and beamwidth....
I'd certainly purchase the journal that published such a paper.

 73,

    - Josh / KF4YLM