Topband: Thanks everyone

N7DF n7df at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 20:15:08 PDT 2010

It seems to be about a 50:50 split between multiple beverages and an 8 circle array
These are the two possibilities I have been considering myself
I probably will put both up but the beverages will come first  most likely two-wire beverage systems around 1200 feet long
The site of the shack is about 4 miles from the nearest powerlines and the noise is S zero on my cage antenna
The ground conductivity is extremely low also
Last winter I had a 1200 foot, two-wire beverage aimed at Europe and it worked fairly well on the rare occasions that it stayed up for more than a few weeks at a time   100+MPH winds and animals kept destroying it  This year I will be using some more rugged materials and will put it about 10 feet off the ground
Anyway thanks for all the input
73
larry
N7DF