Topband: wire on the ground antenna

k3bu at optimum.net k3bu at optimum.net
Thu Jul 29 22:22:39 PDT 2010

Uhm,
isn't BOG - Beverage On the Ground variety?
What you describing is DOG - Dipole On Ground.

I used to have BOG run as a long Beverage wire, mostly unterminated, just laying on the ground, or tucked along the curb of the asphalt road.

Another version was LOP - Loop On Ground. Originally intended as a electric dog fence around the property, about 460ft loop, burried about 1" in ground. By the time I put it down, dog got smart and did not need it. So I put 600 ohm transformer on it between the ends and VO1LA - it worked and heard what Inv Vee could not. Seemed to be non band discriminatory.

For stealth BIT Beverage In Toilet, one can flush the tennis ball with wire attached to it down the toilet and have the underground one.

73  Yuri  K3BU.us