Topband: VERTICAL SPACING

Brian Machesney nekvtster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 06:43:44 PDT 2010

N6RK wrote:

>> You don't need a 1/4 wavelength = 134 ft.  You actually get more gain
>> with 1/8 wavelength.  Less is more.  Anything in between is OK too.

So true, but be sure to measure the self- and mutual-driving-point
impedances to calculate network values that will produce equal currents at
the phase angles you require. In my experience, not doing so will produce
disappointing results.

I have successfully use the procedure outlined in Chapter 11, section 3.2.2
of ON4UN's "Low Band DXing" to do this several times.

--
73 -- Brian -- K1LI