Topband: Low activity

Mike Waters W0BTU mrscience65704 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 16:16:50 PST 2010

> From: Tom Boucher <tom at telemetry.demon.co.uk>
> Subject: Topband: Low activity
> Date: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 3:41 AM
> Sunrise topband conditions have been
> good this week but activity very low. This morning between
> 0700 and 0730, excellent signals from ZL1AZE and W6OAR but
> no other callers. Listening for an hour, I only heard one
> other G and an EI. Come on folks, let's liven up topband!
>
> 73
> Tom G3OLB

I noticed that. I and an east coast station were calling CQ for hours yesterday, until about 5:30 AM local time. I know I was heard in Japan, as a JA spotted my CQ on the DX cluster. The only reply was Bryce, KH6AT (thanks!).

I did a lot of listening on the Beverages, as well (mostly SW and NW, as EU and most of Africa was in daylight), but not much activity.

73 Mike