Topband: Why I use modeling software

k8gt at mi.rr.com k8gt at mi.rr.com
Sat Mar 6 21:28:43 PST 2010

Yep, I'm in the one year p*ssed off period.  I just finished Volume #1 of 5 of L.B. Cebik's Antenna Modeling papers, and my head is spinning, but I'll be d*mned if I'll let it beat me.  I started playing around with EZNEC V5.0 Demo, but the segment limitations were fairly tight so I bought V5.0 at Dayton and quickly realized that I needed help.  Luckily, AntenneX had all five volumes on sale for about half price and I jumped on it.  Now I have an idea of some of what I don't know.  :-)  Just hang in there, it's just like 50 years ago when I got into ham radio.  A year later I even surprised myself in what I had learned.

Go for it, and good luck.

73, Gerry,  K8GT

---- Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger at bellsouth.net> wrote:

On the other hand, if you tough it out getting into modeling, you will
only be p*ssed off for six months or a year, with all that
enlightenment on the other side.