Topband: HARDLINE CONNECTORS

Mr Magoo magoo at isp.ca
Mon May 24 14:51:57 PDT 2010

I have acquired some connectors for 1/2" Commspec JCKASS hardline which I wish to use to feed my new vertical array.  These particular connectors are for terminating in a junction box, and the centre conductor of the cable inserts into a spring-type "receiver" in the connector similar to that found on the jacket side of Andrew Heliax connectors.

It would appear that pressure on this "receiver" increases as one tightens the threaded nuts on the connector.  My question is this: is a strictly mechanical connection such as this liable to break down under a KW or more RF?  Has anyone on the list used similar connectors in a transmitting application?  Would I be better to make my own connectors for this cable using brass plumbing parta? (I don't think I can afford the commercial units!!)

Bill, VE3NH