Topband: Inverted L wire

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Wed May 26 16:26:47 PDT 2010

Hi,

I just fired up 160 to see what I might find active at this time of
year & found the SWR was terrible. Resonance is now around 2 MHz and
my guess is the wire has broken inside the insulation again.

I'm thinking my best bet is to replace the wire with something
essentially bulletproof as possible. Since it is over tree tops, I
have to use insulated wire and the insulation has to be durable.

I am on the edge of a salt marsh and the antenna is over the closest
tall tree to the marsh. This means the tree gets hammered by strong
winds. The wire itself needs to be able to hold up under these
conditions.

Any suggestions on what I might find most beneficial?

Thanks.

73,

Gary
KA1J