Topband: Inverted L wire

Les Kalmus w2lk at bk-lk.com
Thu May 27 10:34:06 PDT 2010

Well actually I shot a line up in a tree with a slingshot and used that
line to hoist a plastic clothesline pulley.
Prior to hoisting, I ran the inverted L through the clothesline pulley.
The radius of the pulley is around 2" so the bend is not too sharp and
the wire insulation holds up.
The pulley line moves with the tree so there is no abrasion. There is
enough slack in the L wire that no damage has occurred from winds and
the pulley can rotate a bit so no damage to the wire.
I have had a break in the wire from other causes. In that case, I
lowered the line with the pulley, fixed the wire and hauled it back up.

Les W2LK