Topband: inverted L antenna match system

sasas asasas tzitzikas_ee at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 11:22:16 PDT 2010

Hi. I have a 500w linear amplifier at 160m band. The output is 50ohm. My antenna is an inverted L with lenght = [5*(wave lenght)]/16. I read at ARRL handbook that a variable series capacitor 0-1000pf is enought to match the transmitter with my antenna. What do you think about this? Do you have to propose anything else? (maybe a variable coil with the one point grounded and the other point connected between capacitor and linear's output)?
I have install 6 radials (2 are (wave lenght)/4 and the other 4 (wave lenght)/8)