Topband: more affordable options for rx antenna on 160M...

BRYON PAUL n0ah VEAL bryonveal at msn.com
Sun Nov 14 09:13:13 PST 2010

We sure appreciate all of the suggestions that keep coming in- we just got this one WB6RSE- Definately in our budget- although the system DX'Engineering had, after examining all of its features, really looked great! Smart system with the auto grounding etc out of the box- But $$$$

http://www.dxengineering.com/Parts.asp?ID=4840&PLID=220&SecID=79&DeptID=12&PartNo=DXE%2DARAV3%2D2P

Any opinion on this design below suggested by WB6RSE?  We are curious about minimum distance of using the loop off the ground?

http://www.qsl.net/kc2tx/

Again, we appreciate all of the advice and ideas- it has turned out to be a good learning experience in many aspects- of note, on the HZ-3, the distributor, once they understood our previous discussions with the makers, agreed to give us the old price since we had already been quoted-  We have moved on from that design due to yard restrictions but it was nice of them- Array Solutions is a very decent company to deal with- we wish them all the luck in the world with taking over the HZ-Antennas product line- -

73  Paul  N0AH
Anna  W0ANT

 Bryon "Paul" Veal  ARS-n0ah
n0ah at arrl.net