Topband: Propagation

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 14:47:20 PST 2010

First, thanks to all that replied off list.

I guess now a I know why in the ARRL 160 contests over about 25 years I always work the same east coast stations in a 15-20 min window regardless of the sunspots.

It took me a few years to learn not to call some W2 and 3 stations that were S9+20 at 7pm but couldn't hear me until 9 pm.

I'd like to see how well I'd do with a full size quad at 350 feet LOL

Thanks again...... BTW ZL8X is sure loud 160-10 and doing a good job.

Rick, N6PE