Topband: Shunt Fed Tower-Need Parts

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Thu Sep 30 20:58:32 PDT 2010

Marc:

     Here's a close-up photo of how I grounded the parasitic elements of my
Bencher Skyhawk (similar in design to your C31XR):
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/ersmar/?action=view&current=Elementgroundstrap.jpg .
I used a sheet metal screw (also called a self-tapping screw) to fasten a
piece of aluminium flashing to each element.  I connected the other end of
the aluminium strap to the boom with a stainless steelhose clamp
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/238428465/Hose_Clamp_v0.jpg and covered the
clamp with electrical tape.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F