Topband: Bi-Directional Beverage Question - DXE Polarity

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Aug 11 07:44:53 PDT 2011

 > Assuming a voltage is put on the transmission line one would have
 > thought the reason is not just phasing.

If one studies operation of the two wire Beverage, the only effect of
reversing the two wire line would be in phase of signals arriving from
the feed end.  That would imply that polarity of the two wire line
would only matter when attempting to phase two wire beverages - e.g,
parallel or staggered (echelon) configurations.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV