Topband: RF attenuators

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Aug 24 12:04:09 PDT 2011

Ive tested dozens of CATV splitters over 25 or so years and they range from
falling apart as high as 7-8MHZ and many good to 80 but useless at 160.
By good I mean at least a 10dB RL (2:1 VSWR) and 20dB isolation.

For the cost of 3 small ferrite cores, some wire and a resistor its
certainly simple to build much better ones.

Carl
KM1H