Topband: K9AY loop questions

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 08:19:55 PST 2011

As soon as i have th radials under the Inv-L i was considering constructing a K9AY rcv loop system. The best/easiest place to put it is actually jsut out side the shack , but , I am wondering if the 2 story house (about 30 ft away from the loop)  between the loop and basically EU will have much effect on the loop ? I can put it out on the open but , that will be a little more difficult.

Also , I have a large supply of RG6 CATV feedline which I believe is 75 Ohm ? what modifications do I need to make to use it rather than a 50 Ohm feedline...

Thanks

Dan N8DCJ