Topband: Amazing night

George Taft w8uvz at voyager.net
Tue Dec 6 09:07:56 PST 2011

Hi Andre

And I can attest.  I heard you CQing 90 min before our SS on top band.
Superb conditions.

Altho no copy on Pai and he left the band before it reached our SS.

Another good one was just prior to the first nite of CQWW CW.  I was hearing
plenty of EU 2 hours before my SS.

The band certainly isn't as poor as some would suggest.

73  George  W8UVZ

> Yep, last night was amazing - I also got amazing reports from JA and
> North America, but condx was weird because for example JA5NPV and VU2PAI
> called me with strong signals and from SU9 I was not able to get a
> single dot, even on the 600ft Africa Beverage.
> But last night was really amazing.... how was it on the other side of
> the globe (means NA/SA, Asia)?
>
> 73 de Andre,
> DL4UNY
>

> On 12/05/2011 11:39 PM, Josep Torres wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > after long time out of the BAND, I returned today with great success..!
No RX antennas yet because my K9AY is still down, but managed to work a nice
bunch of JAs, some of them with nice signals..!