Topband: RG-6/U & Snap n Seal connectors

Phil Duff na4m at arrl.net
Mon Dec 12 13:06:36 PST 2011

On 12/12/2011 20:45, Roger D Johnson wrote:
> You may have the wrong connector. The color band indicates the type of
> coax that they are designed for. In general, double shield connectors will
> not work on quad shield coax.

There are different color banded F SNS connectors for different RG6
shield configurations.

But now there is a new style "Ultimate" SNS F connector with a red
collar. These are spec'ed to work with: "60% braid, tri-shield and quad
shield."

http://www.tnb.com/contractor/docs/snapnseal.pdf

I used these with CommScope flooded dual shield RG6 and they installed
and worked fine.

73 Phil NA4M
--
Phil Duff