Topband: BCI

Scott Long k8sm at windstream.net
Tue Dec 13 14:36:23 PST 2011

A strange happening already this season,  I am hearing WTVN-AM 610 khz
(Columbus OH) plain as day on 1830 khz.  This is the only frequency that I
hear it on.  I am at least 35 miles from this station, and it is west of me.
The antenna is a 350 ft long East-West bi-directional beverage.  I just
moved this antenna away from transmit antenna to the south and added a
frontend protector on my FT-920.  That's the only thing that has been
changed to this antenna.  I don't hear either of our local stations WHTH-AM
790 khz or WCLT-AM 1430 khz.  WCLT is less than one air mile from me.  What
do guys use to smash the BCI?

Thanks for reading.

Scott, K8SM