Topband: FCP Isolation Transformer links

Charlie Young weeksmgr at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:18:24 PST 2011

I probably have SN1 of Bob's Model 1142s transformer.  It arrived Priority Mail today.  Nice looking unit.  I also ordered one of his Model 1116d  1 to 1 high power baluns for another application.

Sometime in the next few days I will be putting this transformer on one of my existing inverted L's, along with a FCP and we will see how it goes.

Thanks to K2AV and W0UCE for all the work and for sharing the info, and also to Bob at Balun Designs for making this so quickly.

One big reason I want to try the FCP is to reduce the footprint of my elevated radials to make more space for rx antennas near the top of my hill.

73 Charlie (Chas) N8RR