Topband: RX antenna switch

Milt -- N5IA n5ia at zia-connection.com
Wed Dec 28 08:06:17 PST 2011

Here I use a basic 8 port antenna selector designed to my specifications by
a ham friend of mine.  The circuit boards are professionally etched and are
equipped with chassis mount "F" female connectors.  The single, 8 port
boards can be daisy chained for 16, 24, etc. antennas selections.

At this QTH the Beverage antennas are remotely controlled via the Green
Heron 2 GHz system at a distance of nearly 1/2 mile.

Currently the system is comprised of 19 separate antennas, each RF split 3
ways, with each split antenna selection fed to one of three separate groups
of three of the above described boards.

Results are at three operating positions each op has independent, totally
separate control and visual readout of the direction and labeling of any of
the 19 antennas.

The visual is provided by a programmable compass rose on the computer
display screen.  Selection is by either clicking with the mouse which
provides instant, opposite direction selection for an example, or via a USB
rotary switch for normal step by step selection of the antennas.

I have no connection with Green Heron other than I am in love with the
upgrade of control capability their system has provided for my remote
Beverage farm.  It is so nice to have retired the old DTMF and basic CPU
type controllers and control lines.

73, and good luck de Milt, N5IA