Topband: Receive Antenna interaction with Transmit Antenna

Guy Olinger K2AV olinger at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 28 14:12:35 PST 2011

The short answer is you have two choices.  De-resonate the TX antenna
during RX or get at some distance from the TX antennas.  Your modeling is
telling you what the interactions are, and therefore telling when you have
succeeded and when not.  Coming up with the solution on a given piece of
land with what you already have can be a really nasty chess game.  You may
need to change your ideas for TX and RX antenna(s) to make it work at your
place.  There are no easy answers.

Yes, the interactions are pretty bad indeed.  Quite a bit more, I would
guess, than you had imagined.  Making and maintaining an "entire property"
model (EPM) of all the conductors at Chez Glenn is a really good idea.
 Then, don't bother to buy wire or cut anything until it works in the
model.  Be sure that you have buried conductors, towers, roof gutters and
everything else in your EPM.  Keep it up to date.

73 & HNY,   Guy.