Topband: DX Window No Long Relevant

Keith Jillings (G3OIT) keith.g3oit at jillings.org.uk
Fri Feb 4 01:03:01 PST 2011

On 04/02/2011 00:23, Robert Smits wrote:

> Not all of us can afford or own "world class radios", John. It isn't true in
> North America and it certainly isn't true in the rest of the world.

Thank you for that voice from the real world!

I don't have the kind of cash it would take to buy a radio that can work
DX a few hundred hertz from a high-power local station.   I used to be
able to work all kinds of DX on 160, but it's a lot harder these days.

It's even harder when there are ten high-power stations calling over the
top of the DX, but that's a different issue.  That happens on HF, too.

Keith
G3OIT