Topband: Web SDR's and 'Cheating'

Bob Kupps n6bk at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 22:46:43 PST 2011

Hi Dave,
I'm not asking you (as a group I am taking the your usage of "us" to mean) to believe anything. My personal opinion is that ethics, integrity and honor are individual rather than absolute values. I have no idea what the current DXCC or any other award/contest rules are but if they are violated then that participant should be disqualified; however the OP made no mention of the QSOs using this method being used for credit in any awards program or contest results. So I reiterate my opinion that in the absence of any legal or rule violations the ethics and merit of making a contact using this method, just like using DX helper nets, cluster spots, remote control super stations, QRP/QRO etc. are a matter for the individual to judge for himself.
73 Bob HS0ZIA