Topband: WD1A

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Sun Feb 13 04:31:38 PST 2011

> Has anyone else had problems with
> WD1A breaking?  I plan to try a 2 wire bev using the WD1A but if
> is troublesome I may opt for something else.

I have not had any problems with WD1A but those steel strands which
give it strength will rust quickly and eventually break if water
gets to them.  Seal the ends so water cannot get in!  I put crimp
connectors (the type with plastic on the back) on the ends of mine.
  Crimp lightly, then solder, then with the new connector dangling
vertically, fill the back of it where the wire comes out with Krazy
Glue, wait for it to set. No water can get to the wire if done
properly.  No doubt there are dozens of other ways to seal it.

73,
Paul N1BUG