Topband: Top Band Receiving Antennas

Chortek, Robert L Robert.Chortek at berliner.com
Tue Feb 22 11:52:44 PST 2011

John Harden, D.M.D. wrote:
The best, and most cost effective, receiving antennas out there are the
Hi-Z Antennas triangle, 4-square and 8-circle arrays. I have the
triangle array and it works fantastic. I has 6 electrically switched
directions and a great F/B ratio. It is essentially equivalent to having
six 500 foot beverages when looking at the Receive Direction Factor
(RDF).

I agree with John.  I also have the triangular array and, at 40' per
side, it fits in my small backyard. It is an excellent performer and I
HIGHLY recommend the system.  I've tried the DXE phased verticals, EWEs,
K9AY loops, and a host of others. The triangular array is the best by a
wide margin, and K7TJR's customer service is nothing short of amazing.

73,

Bob/AA6VB