Topband: Spam:******, Beverage question

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Sat Jul 30 10:29:12 PDT 2011

Hello there, this is Andrew OZ5E,

Our 4-directional Beverage (ladder line) works fine but sometimes we
would like to be able to operate on 80 and 160 at the same time from 2
different stations on the same property. The easiest way would be to
use the same supports and run the ladder lines close together, perhaps
at different heights, say 50cm and 100cm. Would this work or would
there be interaction. Of course we can just try it but I wonder if
anyone has any thoughts?

Best wishes,

Andrew

Andrew,  why not use a simple two way splitter.  You can compensate for
a slight loss with your pre-amp as the S/N will not be effected.  Since
this is a RX only use the DXE splitter will work just fine.  I have even
used a Tee connector and could not tell any difference in S/N.

Herb, KV4FZ