Topband: Recommendations on high-power 1:1 balun for 1.8MHz that shows high-Z to RF wanted

Steve Ireland vk6vz at arach.net.au
Wed Jun 8 06:56:38 PDT 2011

G'day

I am the process of replacing the existing 1:1 high-power current balun on
my 1.8MHz inverted vee dipole and would ideally like the replacement to have
something approaching 5,000 ohms impedance at 1.8MHz.   As a result I have
been looking for information about the impedances of some of the more
popular, reputable baluns on 1.8MHz on the web, but without success.

One of the major candidates under consideration is the DX Engineering
DXE-BAL050-H10-A - if anyone has measured the impedance of this balun at
1.8MHz, I'd be delighted to hear of what the results were.  Any
suggestions/recommendations as to which 1:1 high-power balun to buy or build
that displays a 5,000 ohm impedance or so on 1.8MHz would also be much
appreciated.

Thank you.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ