Topband: improve the lightnings charges protect for my equipment 160m

Julius Fazekas phriendly1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 04:33:32 PDT 2011

Here's a site with ideas: http://www.w8ji.com/contest_station_w8ji.htm

The pictures are worth studying. Grounding the antenna(s) when not in use is a good idea. Disconnecting the antenna from the amps may help, but if you go that route, best to disconnect all wiring, including ground. Any electrical path has the potential of providing a path for lightning.

Check the polyphaser site as well: http://www.protectiongroup.com/Home

73,
Julius

Julius Fazekas

N2WN

Tennessee Contest Group

http://k4tcg.org/

http://groups.google.com/group/tcg1?hl=en

Tennessee QSO Party

1800z Sunday, September 4 until 0300z Monday, September 5, 2011

http://www.tnqp.org/

Elecraft K2     #4455

Elecraft K3/100 #366

Elecraft K3/100 #1875