Topband: TG9NX news

G4GED Dave radiodave.g4ged at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Mar 5 10:23:46 PST 2011

Along with my direct QSL for a recent 160m QSO, Franco sent a note
explaining that he suffers extreem QRM on Topband from the local power
company.
His recent special Topband operation was only made possible by gaining
special permission to run a long wire antenna (presumed a Bev.?) and against
the residual high noise level it appears he managed about 312 QSOs.
He asks the Topband community to understand the limitations he works under
on the band.
I think if those of us that made it into his 160m Log communicate our
appreciation it can only encourage him to make further exploits onto the
band.
I for one am very grateful because I never heard a beep out of the recent
TG7/ operation!

73
Dave G4GED