Topband: 2200m West Coast CW Beacon

Scott Tilley sthed475 at telus.net
Mon Mar 7 17:31:12 PST 2011

Hi All

While not really 'top band'(read 160m) related, one could argue 2200m is the new
top band at least in Canada!

I'm operating a daylight CW beacon on 137700.0Hz for the next few days
and longer if there is continued interest.  1.1KW into a 100m perimeter loop.
Yes, this antenna and system works well as I have worked JA with it!

You can determine when the beacon is on by viewing my 'grabber 2' at the
link below, as well as, find out more about this 2200m station.

Here's your chance to tweak up your 2200m RX capability in advance of some interesting 160/2200m events planned for later this spring.

Reports and queries welcome!

73 es gl
VE7TIL CN89dk
http://www3.telus.net/sthed/argo/

PS - Reports received by good old fashioned paper QSLs will be responded
to in kind!