Topband: 160M Helical Vertical

GERRY telwest at telusplanet.net
Thu Mar 31 18:45:48 PDT 2011

Another thing to keep in mind is that at legal limits the voltage at the
base of a short loaded vertical can be very significant and might short
between windings. Also the tape clearly has to handle the high current and
not negatively impact radiation efficiency by adding significant element
resistance.

73, Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
VE6 QSL Bureau Team
DXCC Field Checker