Topband: 160M Beverage antenna help requested

wa3mej at comcast.net wa3mej at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 12:56:57 PST 2011

Good afternoon to ALL!

I am getting ready to put up a beverage for top band.  I have decided that I want to put up a two wire system

using window line because of the ease of assembly.  I am not sure if I will use it in the null steering mode

or just switch from front to back. I will decide that after I get it up.

After reading the original W1CWR handbook, a book written by K3OQF and several articles by Beverage

himself (as well as other references to include much written by W3LPL and W8JI) and tempering it with
my site requirements I have pretty much decided to put it up 7-8 ft in the air. BUT... I have several questions.

1. Is there an optimum height above the ground?

2, Can I get away with not sloping the ends toward the ground? (the deer are heavy around here)

3. I have 491 ft of window line should I just put that up or should I order another 100ft and splice

it together?

4. What other suggestions do the readers have?

Thanks

Jim WAMEJ